Starting today, June 24, 2020, the Welliot at Elliot Hospital is having a soft re-opening. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the fitness facility has several safety modifications in place set by the state, the CDC, and Elliot Health System.
The facility will only be open when staffed. The new hours for the Welliot at Elliot Hospital are:
|Monday & Wednesday||5 am to 6:30 pm|
|Tuesday & Thursday||CLOSED|
|Friday||5 am to 1:30 pm, CLOSED 10 to 10:30 am|
Prior to entering the fitness center, there will be pre-screening questions displayed that are related to potential COVID-19 exposure. If any of the pre-screen questions apply, then employees are asked not to enter the facility. Note: Health care workers caring for COVID-19 patients while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment are permitted to use the facility.
- Cardio equipment and free weights have been moved into the Group Exercise Room. At this time, the Group Exercise Room is only being used so entrance will be through the door in the hallway to the Group Exercise Room.
- Capacity is limited to 50% and 6 feet or more social distancing is required.
- You will be required to sign-in with a staff member when you arrive for your workout and sign-out before you leave.
- Masks must always be worn when entering the facility and unless actively engaged in a workout that would otherwise make it difficult to breathe.
- Mats will not be provided. You will need to bring your own if you choose to use one during your workout.
- Bags should be left in your car, and lockers are not available.
- Employees must change before utilizing the fitness center on breaks or after a shift (clothing and shoes). You will be asked to leave if you are wearing scrubs or other work attire.
- You are asked to bring in your own water bottle. There will not be a water refill station at this time.
Equipment and Sanitation:
- Members must wipe down equipment after each use with provided disinfectant. Staff will be performing routine “heavy cleaning” throughout the day.
- Due to space constraints, exercise equipment is limited to cardiovascular and free-weights at this time. Strength machines will not be accessible.
- Personal training will be offered at this time, however fitness testing will not be offered.
- Group exercise classes will not be offered at this location.
The Welliot at River’s Edge will be extending hours starting on Monday, June 29. The new hours are listed below:
|Monday to Thursday||5 am to 6:30 pm|
|Friday||5 am to 12:30 pm|