Arianne, Peter and Linnea Askham recently donated care packages for families of babies in the SNHMC NICU! Here is what Arianne said about her family’s donation:
“Each year, our family launches a huge service project as a way to honor my son Peter’s spina bifida diagnosis day anniversary (December 18th). This year, we set out to create NICU care packages for local hospitals in New England and our expectations have just been marvelously exceeded. We have so many of these kits, we would absolutely love to share them with your NICU.
Each kit comes piled high with gifts for your NICU families. Some of the things included:
- $25 Shell Gift Card
- Lovey and Muslin Swaddle (washed in dreft and individually wrapped)
- Stroller toy
- Read aloud book for baby
- Toiletries for parents/caretakers (toothbrush/paste set, dry shampoo, hair brush, bath wipes, Deoderant)
- Notebook and pen for journaling or notes
- Snacks (wrapped and tagged with an allergy warning)
- Pennant banner room décor
- And more!
I sincerely hope you will let us share these with you! We were actually at your hospital ER just this summer when Peter took a bad fall at his physical therapy appointment. Luckily it wasn’t serious but we were just so so impressed with the level of care your hospital provided and we’d love to give back.”
Thank you, Askham family, for your thoughtful donation!