Southern New Hampshire Health would like to with you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!
For all employees working on Thanksgiving Day, the Medical Center is offering one complimentary meal! See details below.
- Third shift on Wednesday night (early Thursday morning) 11/21 from Midnight – 1 AM
- Thanksgiving Day 11/22 Cafe Holiday Hours: 7 AM-6 PM
- Lunch (11:30 AM – 1:30 PM)
- Dinner (5:00 PM-6 PM)
- Third shift will be closed on Thanksgiving night.
- Third shift on Wednesday night 11/21 from 11:30 PM-12:15 AM.
- Lunch on Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) 11/22 from 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM.
Below are some fun turkey day facts!
- The 1st Thanksgiving lasted for 3 days
- 91% of Americans eat Turkey for Thanksgiving
- The average cost for Thanksgiving dinner is $5.00 per person
- About 280 million turkeys are sold at Thanksgiving which is about 7 billion pounds of turkey equaling approximately $3 billion dollars in sales annually
- About 20% of all cranberries are consumed on Thanksgiving
- Since Harry Truman every President has pardoned a turkey
- FDR proclaimed Thanksgiving on the 3rd Thursday of November to lengthen the holiday shopping season
- Minnesota is the top turkey producing state
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade started in 1924
- Thanksgiving leftovers are the reason that TV dinners were created. In 1953 Swanson had so much leftover turkey and fixings that they didn’t know what to do with….an employee said that they should package the leftovers in aluminum trays for sale in stores creating the first TV dinner